How to Declare Sociology/Plan of Study

Welcome to Sociology! Our Academic Advisers for 2021-22 are Danilo Mandić
(Advising last names beginning with A-L) and Shai Dromi (Advising last names beginning with M-Z). Please email Dr. Mandić at or book an appointment with Dr. Dromi at

 To declare or change to Sociology:

  • Declare your concentration on my.harvard (instructions here)
  • Please fill out this writeable form with the five core courses required for the concentration: SOCIOLOGY PLAN OF STUDY, save, and upload through the Document Center on your my.harvard using the Uploaded Documents area. **Sociology WILL NOT be using the Registrar's Plan of Study form.**
  • Meet with your adviser (required) assigned by the first letter of your last nae. You may wish to go over the concentration's requirements before meeting: (CAs in the Houses are also available to talk to prospective concentrators, but may not approve Declaration of Concentration)
  • Your adviser will approve and you will be all set!

If you have specific questions about meeting concentration requirements, please contact Laura Thomas at You may also speak with the Concentration Adviser assigned to your House


*Please note that ONLY Dr. Mandic, Dr. Dromi, or Professor Viterna may approve Declaration of Concentration!

We look forward to seeing you!