Harvard GSAS's application system requires a letter writer's email address. You can input an Interfolio-generated email address in place of your letter writer’s email. This will allow Interfolio to upload the letter directly to the application, without bothering your letter writer. Interfolio refers to these as Online Application Deliveries.
1. Check the documents in your Interfolio Dossier to make sure your letter writer has uploaded a letter to your account. Letters that have not been received cannot be used in an online application delivery, so they won't have a Document Email address yet.
2. Locate the document you’d like to upload, and click the title to find the Document Email address.
3. Select and Copy the Document Email address.
4. In your online application, paste the document email address in place of your recommender's email to direct the letter request to Interfolio, rather than your letter writer.
5. Repeat the same process for each letter you would like uploaded.
6. When Interfolio is contacted by the institution, Interfolio will create a new Pending Delivery for each letter requested by the application.
7. You’ll receive an email from Interfolio to alert you of your new delivery requests.
8. Navigate to your Deliveries page on Interfolio to submit your pending deliveries.
It takes 1-3 business days for Interfolio to upload your documents to the online application system after you check out. If you’re worried about missing your application deadline, email email@example.com or call 877-997-8807 to expedite your delivery upload.
Note: Some applications require additional information (performance ratings, rankings, etc.) that Interfolio cannot provide on behalf of your writer. Interfolio will cancel your deliveries and contact you if Interfolio encounters any application questions that Intefolio cannot answer or bypass.
Why hasn't my Online Application Delivery been created as a Pending Delivery?
Occasionally, online application requests from third-party application systems do not reach Interfolio.
This can happen for a few reasons:
◾The application hasn't processed your letter writer data yet, and therefore hasn't sent Interfolio a request yet
◾The document email address was entered incorrectly
◾A special character (like an accent) is preventing Interfolio from processing the email request correctly
◾An error occurred within the third-party application
What you should do:
1.Contact Interfolio immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interfolio may be able to match an orphan request received by its server to your account
2.If Interfolio can't match your request with your account, Interfolio will ask you to try to re-request the letter on the application system
3.If you can't re-request a letter, Interfolio will need to contact the receiving institution to figure out the best way to resolve the situation
Note: Please monitor your pending deliveries closely and let Interfolio know if you’re expecting a delivery that hasn’t come in yet.